Winter 2016 Wish List
- Pediatrics, Pediatric Intensive Care, and Child Life Services
- Senior Care and Ambulatory Care
- Breast Cancer Navigation Fund
On behalf of the Hurley Family, the Hurley Foundation thanks you for your support, which enables us to provide the best medical equipment available to our patients and to better meet the needs of our staff as we fulfill our daily commitment to excellent service to the community.
Annual donations are the “pillar” of fund development for Hurley and, every year, donors help us to meet needs that would otherwise be out of reach. The below “Wish List” provides examples of where your support helps Hurley to go “Above and Beyond” for its patients and their families.
If you wish to support one of the programs mentioned below, please go to the Hurley Foundation’s secure web site https://secure.hurleyfoundation.org/ and show your support. Thank you.
(Choose the Hurley Children’s Hospital from the designation drop down menu on the donate page and add the item to the comments section.)
Hurley is the place for kids. Your support will help to make Hurley event more welcoming and more effective for our youngest patients and their families.
Child Distraction Aids (to sooth and stimulate infants and teenagers during hospitalization, tests, and treatments) including:
- Mini-laser fans ($15.00 each)
- Ocean Soothers ($21.00 to $40.00 each)
- Activity Pianos ($25.00 each)
- Multisensory environment equipment ($125.00 each)
- iPad Air ($599.00 each)
- Vectra Complete Child Distraction Station ($3,989.00 each)
- Sleeper Chairs for the Pediatric and Pediatric Intensive Care Units. (Allowing patient families to sleep at the bedside of the patient - strengthening patient family centered care) ($1,400.00 each)
Assistance for new mothers or soon to be mothers and their babies from low-income families especially through one of three nurse home visitation programs includes:
- Graco Comfort Sport Convertible Car Seat ($99.00 each)
- Graco Pack n’ Play Playard with automatic folding feet ($89.00 each)
- A set of diapers and wipes for emergency needs ($22.00 each)
A contribution of any size can support the remodeling of Hurley’s 11th floor to provide Single Patient Rooms for all pediatric patients.
(Choose the Senior Care Services Program from the designation drop down menu on the donate page and add the item to the comments section.)
With the area’s only certified Acute Care for the Elderly (ACE) unit, Hurley is also the place for Seniors.
- Large-print puzzle books ($2.00 each)
- Greeting cards ($2.00 each)
- Magnifying glasses ($10.00 each)
- Cosmetology services (helping patients look good helps them feel good) ($25.00 per session)
- Adaptive silverware ($50.00 per set)
- Assistive devices (reachers, long-handled sponges, etc.) ($50.00 per kit)
- Hearing amplifiers (hearing assistance device) ($149.00 each)
- Activity vest/apron (distraction devices) ($1,100.00 per set of 24)
- Portable Bone Density Scanner (for use during visits to assisted living facilities and public events serving populations at-risk for falls with the potential to cause serious injury) ($9,200.00)
A gift of any size will support seniors who do not have the means to pay for prescriptions or meet other important needs while also paying for healthcare services to recover from illness or injury.
(Choose the Breast Cancer Patient Navigation Fund from the designation drop down menu on the donate page and add the item to the comments section.)
Compassionate care for patients with breast cancer and their families. Hurley is the only hospital in the region certified by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), the accrediting body of the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer.
- Yarn and Fleece (for volunteers to make knitted breast inserts and blankets for patients) ($10.00 and up)
- Compassionate Care Program Support (for patients and families needed respite. Provides music, toenail painting, hand massages, puzzles, reading materials and other comforts) ($25.00 and up)
- Specialized Gowns (for radiation treatment) ($40.00 each)
A gift of any size will support patients in need – those who are severely sick and financially unable to meet the costs of healthcare while meeting other living expenses including food, utilities, and shelter.
(Choose the Community Health Promotion Program from the designation drop down menu on the donate page and add the item to the comments section.)
Our goal is to transforming the health of everyone in our community so they can lead safer, healthier lives. Hurley is reaching out to adults and children with healthy eating programs, diabetes education, injury prevention, weight loss programs, health screenings, smoking cessation classes, and a host of other programs.
- Diabetes Center program support (vouchers for glucose testing strips) ($40.00 each)
- Carbon Monoxide (CO) monitor (for Hurley’s smoking cessation classes–a great tool for participants to see their CO levels prior to quitting and after) ($1,700.00 including all needed accessories)
- Provide a scholarship for a child to attend Camp Move It – our youth fitness camp held at Camp Copneconic and coordinated with the YMCA of Greater Flint ($420.00 each)
A gift of any size will support wellness outreach to families in Flint and Genesee County.